Week 5 in the NFL has many interesting story lines you should follow. When Denver goes to Baltimore, they will bring the top-ranked passing offense against Baltimore’s top-ranked passing defense.
Also, the only remaining undefeated team (Kansas City, 3-0), goes to Indianapolis, where the Colts are coming off of an overtime, divisional loss to the Jaguars.
The Colts are playing in just their second home game all year, which is good for them, because Indy is 16-1 at home over their last 17 home games (playoffs included). That one loss…when they pulled their starters and essentially gift-wrapped the Jets a win in week 16 of last season.
Furthermore, the Colts are averaging 26.5 ppg in that span, while only allowing (on average) 15.2 ppg. They’ve scored 30 or more ppg eight times, while holding their opponents to 17 points or less in thirteen of those seventeen games.
I think you know which team I’m leaning toward for my lock of the week.
Speaking of teams coming home this week after a close, divisional loss last week, Detroit and Cincinnati also figure to have extra motivation and come out on top in week 5 (as well as cover the spread).
With that said, here are my week 5 predictions:
- DEN @ BAL (-7), 39= BAL, over
- JAX (-1) @ BUF, 41=JAX, under
- KC @ IND (-7.5), 45=IND, over
- STL @ DET (-3), 43=DET, over
- ATL (-3) @ CLE, 40.5=ATL, over
- TB @ CIN (-6.5), 38=CIN, over
- CHI @ CAR, PK, 33.5=CAR, over
- GB (-2.5) @ WAS, 44=GB, under
- NYG @ HOU (-3), 47=HOU, under
- ^NO (-7) @ ARI, 45=NO, over
- SD (-6) @ OAK, 45=SD, under
- TEN @ DAL (-7), 42.5=DAL, over
- PHI @ SF (-3.5), 38=SF, under
- MIN @ NYJ (-4), 39=MIN, over
^=New Orleans is the only NFL team that has yet to win against the spread
*all spreads according to Wynn LV
Lock of the week: IND (-7.5) vs. KC
Upset of the week: MIN (+4) @ NYJ
Survivor pick (straight up): Cincinnati over Tampa Bay
Must-see game of the week: Minnesota @ New York Jets
- Special college rivalry pick of the week: Florida State @ Miami (FL) (-6), 48.5=MIA (FL), over
Thanks for reading.