Like I said in yesterday, the MVP race has become clearer this week, as three players have distanced themselves from the rest.
Therefore, starting this week, the MVP watch will only feature those three names.
#1) Tom Brady
- 299/449 (66.6%), 3,561 yards, 31 TD, 4 INT
- 12-2 team record, 1st in AFC East
- First ranked passer (109.9)
- 15th ranked running game (112.5 yards per game)
- 292 pass attempts without an interception (NFL record: 308)
- Remaining games: @ Buffalo, vs. Miami
#2) Michael Vick
- 208/329 (63.2%), 2,755 yards, 20 TD, 5 INT
- 92 carries, 613 yards (6.7 avg.), 8 TD
- 10-4 team record; 1st in NFC East
- 3rd ranked passer (103.6)
- 4th ranked running game (149.7 yards per game)
- Remaining games: vs. Minnesota, vs. Dallas
#3) Philip Rivers
- 309/464 (66.6%), 4,141 yards, 29 TD, 11 INT
- 8-6 team record; 2nd in AFC West
- 2nd ranked passer (105.7)
- 14th ranked running game (113.0 yards per game)
- Remaining games: @ Cincinnati, @ Denver
What do you think? Should Peyton Manning or Drew Brees be on the list. Who is the leading MVP candidate that is not a quarterback? Let me know!
Thanks for reading.